- OnPlan is a budgeting, planning, and forecasting tool.
- OnPlan’s features include rolling financial forecasts and template management
- Companies might need an alternative to OnPlan if they’re looking for a platform that’s faster, more affordable, and easier to implement.
OnPlan is an FP&A platform and enterprise performance management solution that helps automate planning processes (like workforce planning) and management reporting for small and midmarket companies.
As the name suggests, OnPlan is an integrated planning solution designed to improve the planning process, whether that's via better financial modeling or better collaborative planning.
But how does OnPlan compare to other, existing solutions?
OnPlan features & benefits
OnPlan features include:
- Sales, profit, cash management, and cash flow forecasting
- Generation of management reports and KPIs
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and analytics
- Custom templates and dashboards
- Integrations with third-party systems such as Salesforce or Quickbooks
While OnPlan might be an effective tool for certain planning processes, it may not fit every business well. Customer reviews show that some users are unsatisfied with the platform’s features and find difficulties with the following:
- Integrations with other popular data systems can take months
- Slow data calculations and updates
- Relying on OnPlan support staff to make models
- Limited reporting templates that don’t match their needs
- The steep learning curve of the OnPlan platform
OnPlan provides three pricing tiers:
- Essentials Plan: Starts at $12,500 per year for 2 users
- Growth Plan: Custom pricing that includes 5 users and one additional custom integration
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing that includes 10 users and three additional custom integrations
Best OnPlan Alternatives
Based on some of OnPlan’s limitations, some of the best alternatives to OnPlan are:
Cube is the go-to solution for financial planning & analysis (FP&A) teams. The platform provides a comprehensive view of your business, from past performance to future predictions.
Cube is a spreadsheet-native software that empowers users with efficient reporting and analysis, data management, planning, and modeling tools.
Cube's collaborative features ensure that users can share dashboards with teams or clients remotely—allowing everyone involved to stay on top of business trends wherever they are.
Features & Benefits
- Scenario planning: Users can explore new possibilities and adjust models according to different scenarios based on revenue, sales, profits, or hiring.
- Custom dashboards: Create custom dashboards to easily visualize financial and operational data.
- Integrations: Integrate with existing HR, accounting sales, and business intelligence tools—from Salesforce to ADP. This data integration then flows into Cube's single source of truth, which cleanses, updates, and de-duplicates your data.
- Multi-currency support: Cube provides this feature for North American companies working with global clients.
- Centralized platform: All calculations are centralized onto one platform allowing teams across an organization to access comprehensive knowledge quickly.
- Spreadsheet-native: Cube integrates with Excel and Google Sheets, equipping users across business functions with the ability to gain real-time insights into their data.
- $1,250+/month for lean finance teams
- $2,450+ /month for companies looking to scale
- See detailed pricing for customizable plans
Ready to get started?
PlanGuru is a business analytics software that caters to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and non-profit organizations.
It uses complex algorithms, proprietary data sources, and visual dashboards to provide comprehensive insights into the financial performance of a business.
PlanGuru creates integrated financial forecasts with detailed insight into actuals versus budgets, cash flow projections, break-even analysis, and more.
- Automated reports and alerts and variance analysis capabilities
- Pro forma income statements and balance sheets
- Cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Expense planning tools
- Timelines and milestones tracking
PlanGuru has both a cloud-based version and a windows version. The price starts at $99 per month.
3. Multiview ERP
Multiview ERP is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system developed by Multiview Financial Software. It caters to small businesses and large enterprises across North America.
Multiview ERP provides integrated finance, supply chain, sales, marketing, and human resources solutions. It includes real-time analytics, inventory and asset management, budgeting and forecasting tools, configurable dashboards, etc.
- Robust analytics and reporting capabilities
- Automated workflows
- Multi-currency support
- Customizable dashboards
- Budgeting and forecasting
Multiview ERP doesn’t provide pricing on its website, but sources say it costs $150 per user per year.
4. QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is an online accounting software that caters to small businesses and freelancers.
Users can track income and expenses, categorize transactions, send invoices and estimates, manage payroll and file taxes, and get real-time insights into their business performance.
QuickBooks comes with a mobile app for IOS and Android.
- Bank reconciliation
- Invoicing and payments
- Real-time tracking of finances
- Creating custom reports
- Third-party integrations
- Simple start: $15 per month
- Essentials: $27.50 per month
- Plus: $42.50 per month
- Advanced: $100 per month
NetSuite is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution that provides integrated solutions for financial management, inventory management, multi-channel e-commerce, web stores, order management, and customer service.
Its single-database approach enables users to manage the entire business—including sales, finance, accounting, shipping, and fulfillment—from a single platform.
- Automated invoicing and order management
- Built-in analytics tools to track performance data
- Real-time financial reporting capabilities
- Access to global compliance requirements
- Support for multiple currencies and languages
NetSuite keeps its pricing details private. But sources estimate that a NetSuite license includes a $999/month licensing fee and an additional $99/month for each user.
Budgyt is an online budgeting and financial planning software that enables businesses to create and manage budgets, track spending, forecast revenues and expenses, and analyze corporate performance.
It enables users to make informed decisions about their finances by giving them real-time data, insights into their spending patterns, and actionable advice from experts in the field.
- Real-time visibility and control over financial data
- Automated budgeting processes
- Robust reporting capabilities
- Customizable dashboards
- Secure data storage
- Easy: $499 per month
- Plus: $899 per month
- Pro: $1399 per month
7. Workday Adaptive Planning
Workday Adaptive Planning is FP&A and corporate performance management software that provides integrated planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial consolidation capabilities for midsize to large organizations.
Workday Adaptive Planning offers comprehensive financial intelligence and actionable insight into an organization’s finances so customers can make data-driven decisions. It also includes a network of global value-added resellers (VARs).
- Real-time collaboration
- Robust financial forecasting capabilities
- Automated budgeting and planning
- Integration with existing systems and applications
- Support for multi-currency transactions
Workday Adaptive Planning keeps its pricing details private, but various sources estimate that pricing starts at $15,000, depending on the organization's size.
Prophix is a cloud-based business planning and budgeting software that enables companies to streamline their forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and analytics processes.
It provides real-time insights into the financial data of an organization.
Prophix can manage financial data, build financial models, and construct reports and dashboards that give organizations the insight they need to make strategic decisions.
- Automatic consolidation of financial statements
- Customizable reporting capabilities
- Multi-dimensional analysis
- Automated workflow engine and integrated document management
- Budgeting and forecasting tools
The pricing for Prophix software is kept private but sources suggest the pricing is in line with industry standards.
9. Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is a cloud-based financial management and accounting software that caters to small to midsize organizations. It’s designed to streamline core accounting tasks, including accounts receivable and payable, budgeting, and cash flow forecasting.
Another everyday use case is to automate financial reporting.
Sage Intacct offers reporting capabilities that enable users to access real-time insights into their financial performance and user-defined dashboards that enable users to gain visibility into their business.
- Automated transaction processing
- Invoice customization
- AP automation
- Adaptable reporting and analytics
- Streamlined collaboration
Sage Intacct pricing details are not disclosed. Sources note that the pricing for their products can vary between $15,000 and $60,000 depending on the plan.
Conclusion: Choose the best OnPlan alternative
Accurate budgeting and financial planning are critical for a company's financial health.
While OnPlan can be an effective tool...
...there are several alternatives for companies looking for a more robust solution.
With lightning-fast processing speeds, unparalleled system performance, and seamless integrations with Excel and Google Sheets, Cube makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to stay organized and on top of their financial data.
FP&A teams can get a 360-degree view of the entire business; past, present, and future.
(Bonus: Our product satisfaction is among the highest on the market.)
Request a free demo today to learn more about how Cube can help you analyze, plan, and report with the ultimate speed and confidence.